Elasticsearch is a distributed, RESTful, free/open source search server based on Apache Lucene."
It is an optional component of Tiki Suite, if you need faster and / or better search results. You can add at any time. It is interoperable with Tiki, starting in Tiki12. It permits some Natural Language Processing features.
See also other apps of "The Elasticsearch ELK Stack":
- Kibana: logs and time-stamped data: elasticsearch works seamlessly with kibana to let you see and interact with your data
- Logstash: manage events and logs: elasticsearch works seamlessly with logstash to collect, parse, index, and search logs
- Tiki Suite use case for Elasticsearch is different than the traditional high-volume cluster setup.
- Single server for small organizations or even individuals.
- Needs to be easy to install and maintain on ClearOS
- Modest server config: http://blog.lavoie.sl/2012/09/configure-elasticsearch-on-a-single-host.html
- Restricted to the Tiki Suite apps on localhost and with user permissions to Tiki's Federated Search should permit a user to search through Tiki data, including files that are in Syncthing, Kolab mails, contacts and calendars, and Openfire Meetings XMPP logs.
- Install ClearOS
- In your Tiki, pick "Elasticsearch" from tiki-admin.php?page=search
- Rebuild index