- Presentation & demo of Tiki Suite at Techno-Activism 3rd Monday - Montréal (TA3M), by Marc Laporte, project admin.
- Monday 2014-06-16 6 to 8:30 PM (EDT)
- Station-C 5605 Avenue de Gaspé #204, Montreal, QC H2T 2A4 Canada
Tiki Suite is a selection of Free / Libre / Open Source Software (FLOSS) server, web, mobile and desktop apps with a concerted effort for greater interoperability, security and adaptability, which is aimed at small & medium-sized organizations. The Tiki Suite is especially suited to decentralized and knowledge-centric organizations and offers the features that 80% of the people use 80% of the time (collaboration, office productivity, publishing, etc.). Features include: Email + Wiki + CMS + Groupware + Commerce + Accounting + Document Management + CRM + Web conferencing + Desktop sharing + PBX VOIP Telephony + Instant messaging & presence + Video management + E-learning, etc. You can install anywhere (home, office, laptop, rented server, etc.)
How can we keep our organizational data secure?
- Your organization can maintain full control of all your data: you can self-host on premise (ex: your office) or anywhere you trust.
- Because this covers all general communications needs, you can avoid other non-secure services or apps.
- Everything is FLOSS so you can audit the code to make sure that everything is secure.
- You can encrypt all communications:
- between users/admins and the server (SSH, VPN, SSL)
- between members of the organization (emails, chat, etc.)
- between members and the outside world if they also use secure protocols (PGP, ZRTP, etc.)
How can all our systems work together and our teams be more efficient?
Most organizations use dozens or even hundreds of software applications, systems and online services. Interoperability between them is a constant struggle. Time is wasted moving data from system to system. Data & feature duplication, data silos, dependency hell, etc. Organizations are held back by the complexity.
Tiki Suite is arguably the most features you could ever get from a relatively small number of components. Each component has a proven track record to manage its own internal complexities, and, as a community, we are handling the interoperability between the components. It can be customized to your needs.
There are very few projects which are as ambitious. Some think it’s impossible. That is what some said about Tiki, yet, it became:
Tiki succeeded because of its unique development model. All projects are unique, but the “Tiki model” (https://tiki.org/Model) is more unique than most and we urge you to contribute to this community-driven and innovative project.
Now, the Tiki Model is being extended to a software suite. Come and learn more about it!
There will be a demo of a live system. You could install the same apps on your own infrastructure today!
More info at: https://suite.tiki.org/Tiki+Suite
- Eric Beaurivage
- Your name
- The event is free and you can self-register at: http://www.eventbrite.ca/e/techno-activsm-3rd-monday-ta3m-meet-up-tickets-7055431987
- Apell (sent)