What other similar projects exist? (please add links below)
A number of companies are offering (or will one day offer) to “manage your organization in the cloud”: Google Apps for Work, Zoho, NetSuite, Salesforce.com, Microsoft, SAP, IBM (Lotus), Apple (iCloud), Facebook, Oracle, NovellYahoo!, Amazon, etc. Interoperability will remain a challenge.
- In terms of FLOSS:
- AdaxaAppliance & Adaxa Suite
- Odoo (was OpenERP)
- Kablink / iFolder
- OX App Suite
- Zentyal Desktop
- CageOS / Community Cube
- Self-hosting platforms
- Guides and directories
- Other links
As of 2014-08, Adaxa Suite and Tiki Suite appear to be the two alternatives with the most features. Many of the others listed here are not really ready or feature complete, but are added here because they share a similar vision of a unified platform to manage most of the information of your organization, using FLOSS.
Not to be confused with Adaxia, a French company offering many enterprise software as SaaS (mostly non-FLOSS)
Not to be confused with Adexa.com, an ERP provider.
Adaxa’s complete enterprise offering
- eGility is the combination of two powerful open source engines, ADempiere at the back end and Drupal at the web end. The result is a completely integrated, open source, ecommerce solution that fits todays way of business.
- OpenIntelligence takes best in class, secure, industry-grade, Open Source products and combines them to provide a complete Open Source Business Intelligence solution. SpagoBI, Mondrian, Jpivot, Birt and Talend
- eXo Platform
- Elastix (Asterisk), which includes OpenFire
- OpenBravo POS
Offers an appliance: “The AdaxaAppliance is the world’s first turn key business management solution built on best-of-breed Open Source Technologies, incorporated into an easy to use appliance. Designed for the smaller business this appliance come loaded with the core Adaxa Suite, ready to plug into your network. Just follow the setup wizards and you are up and running. The system can be used as is or configured and customised to your specific requirements.”
Opinion: The Appliance is a nice touch. This, along with Tiki Suite, is among the most ambitious enterprise suite project. Adaxa is really pushing hard on the ERP/POS side (where Tiki Suite has nothing yet). Elastix has an impressive feature set. Marc Laporte
- The Future of Enterprise Emails
Has quite a few features, looks tightly integrated, and even has a wiki engine, yet the main site is powered by DokuWiki? Marc Laporte
- I just found out about Citadel and got info that wiki/blog use Markdown for markup which is, imho, better than proprietary markup used by Tiki.
“This means that our software is free for non-commercial use – you can look at our source code, customize it if you like and even redistribute it as long as you do not sell it. For commercial use, and for service and support, you require a license key to download and install OX App Suite packages. Packages for both supported (commercial) and unsupported (non-commercial) platforms are available for download from Open-Xchange.”
- The ZEG (Zero Effort Groupware) edition of SOGo is intended to provide a complete out-of-the-box testing environment of SOGo, the Open Source messaging and calendaring software.
- http://cozy.io/en/comparison/ (Describes and compares many solutions)
- https://protonet.info/en/product/protonet-soul/this-is-protonet-soul/ (Interesting, but can it be downloaded and installed on any hardware?)