It is renowned for being highly developer-oriented and brings together 5000+ geeks from all over the world.»
Jyhem has attended for 8 years nearly in a row and confirms that it's huge, it's chaotic, it's fun, and well worth attending.
Table of contents
FOSDEM 2023 at 4 February (from 9:30 to 19:00) & 5 February (from 9:00 to 18:00)
FOSDEM will take place at the ULB Solbosch Campus, Brussels, Belgium, Europe, Earth.
It's fun, there are plenty of talks about Libre/Open-Source topics, there are a lot of interesting people to meet who are active or interested in Libre/Open-Source topics, it's an occasion of getting the word out about Tiki and adopt good ideas from other projects ;-)
Plus, we could take advantage of being together for renting a TikiHouse and having a TikiFest.
- Jyhem volunteers for keeping in touch with other projects and participating in the Collab Devroom (see below).
- Jonny Bradley submits a talk!
|Jean-Marc Libs||Tuesday jan 31st 3pm||Monday feb 6th 1pm||Shares a studio (full!) with Roberto Kirschbaum|
|Jonny Bradley||Tuesday jan 31st 5pm||Monday feb 6th 3pm||Studio appt near Jean-Marc Libs and Roberto Kirschbaum (Isn't there a FOSDEM photo where i look less insane? )|
|Roberto Kirschbaum||Tuesday jan 31st||Monday feb 6th||Shares a studio (full!) with Jean-Marc Libs|
|Torsten Fabricius||Thursday feb 2nd||Monday feb 6th||Booked with Natascha in a small hotel nearby|
|Natascha||Thursday feb 2nd||Monday feb 6th||Will stay with Torsten.|
|add yourself by writing your username one line above|
- Bernard Sfez / Tiki Specialist
- add yourself by writing your username one line above
Before Fosdem, all are welcome to meet some days earlier for talking, coding, having fun. Please update the above attendance table.
As agreed among participants in the 2022-12-08 online meeting, we will host our first post-covid TikiFest from Tuesday January 31st afternoon to Sunday February 5th night.
The location will be Citadines Sainte-Catherine Brussels like in 2020.
Anyone is welcome to book their accommodation there or nearby according to days of expected attendance!
- Share examples of elaborate Tracker usage. Discuss best practices for common use cases.
- Learn from other projects strength and weakness, for ex. Wordpress and Nextcloud (referring to the end product)
It was generally pretty relaxed, only three or four of us
- Jonny confused Jean-Marc and Roberto about his Vue.js project because he doesn't understand enough about it yet
- Jean-Marc fixed a bug
- Coffee (courtesy Citadines), beer and snacks were consumed
- The 10 O'clock Meeting definitely happened
We have agreed to join our friends at Xwiki and submit a joint application for a devroom named « Collaboration Devroom ».
This is the list of organisers:
- Cryptpad - represented by David Benqué
- Nextcloud - represented by Jos Poortvliet
- OpenProject - represented by Niels Lindenthal
- Tiki - represented by Jean-Marc Libs
- XWiki - represented by Clément Aubin
This is the reference page for the devroom: https://fosdem.org/2023/schedule/track/collaboration_and_content_management/
This devroom will happen on-site (room K 4.601) on saturday afternoon with a talk from Jonny: The Relentless March of Markdown. There will be another set of online presentations on Sunday 10:30 - 13:15.
One presentation is being prepared: FOSDEM23 Collab Dev Room Tiki Session (Thanks Jonny!)