I describe step by step the actions I do to install tw 1.8 on the server of my provider.
1. I download the latest 1.8 tw (tikiwiki-1.8.zip / 7.817.930 Bytes) from 2004-02-07 15:00 via Opera 7.23 download manager.
2. I expand the zip archive local to c:\tikiwiki\ (on a win XP box)
3. I upload all files via ws_ftp 8 to the main directory of my web space. The path is /www/webs/myaccountroot/docs/
4. I found a linux box with php 4.3.4, mysql 3.23.56 and apache 1.3.29.
5. PHP configuration (please insert other necessary parameters)
open_basedir (no value)
6. I logged on to my ftp-account via ws_ftp 8 and set 777 permissions to:
backups db dump img/wiki img/wiki_up modules/cache temp temp/cache templates_c var var/log var/log/irc templates styles lib/Galaxia/processes
NOTE: the directories (var var/log var/log/irc temp/cache) are not initialy created
I create the directories per ws_ftp manualy and set permissions.
I do this with the right-click menu of ws_ftp (properties). where i can set exactly the permissions (per number or check-box).
7. Then I load http://www.mydomain.com/tiki-install.php and get following error page (only the first lines are listed here, the rest is uninteresting):
The directory '/tmp' does not exist or PHP is not allowed to access it (check open_basedir entry in php.ini).
You may either create missing directories and chmod directories manually to 777, or run one of the sets of commands below.
8. Now i create tmp directories in the user account root and the web root and set the permissions to 777.
9. Edit the Smarty/Smarty.class.php file:
var $use_sub_dirs = false; (set it to false)
Add these lines to tiki-install.php, tiki-setup.php, topic_image.php, tiki-download_file.php and show_image.php just after the first line:
IMPORTANT: I am changed tiki-install.php too (there's no docs out there)
IMPORTANT: Without trailing slash!!!
Than i get a blank page instead of the error message from above.
10. Now I set the permission of all tmp, temps again to 777. And for template_c again too.
MAGIC: I could setup tikiwiki without problems!!!
11. I logged on and get this message from lib/search/refresh.php on line 44 at the bottom of the page. I changed in refesh.php the directory path to an absolute path:
11. It work's. Cooollll....!!!!