There are several ways of trying Tiki CMS/Groupware on a CD which contains everything you need to boot your computer from CD, and let you go directly to using your own installation of Tiki.
The most updated one is "Slax Tiki Live CD" (see below), which can also be converted to an UsbTiki, if desired. There is also KnoppixTiki, even if it is much more outdated.
- ftp://ftp.ourproject.org/pub/gclub/Slax-TikiLiveCD_0.2c_gui.iso (395.2 Mb)
md5 sum: 6516b6830b3c45deb1d79fd43daecdc8
or, in case it didn't get properly your monitor information and graphic card resolution, get the alternate iso:
- ftp://ftp.ourproject.org/pub/gclub/Slax-TikiLiveCD_0.2c_guisafe.iso (395.2 Mb)
md5 sum: 43227303f276cfba5ab571bfb657e250
It has been created by teachers of the courses at Altercoms, from SLAX GNU/Linux Live/CD distribution (http://www.slax.org, vesion 5.1.8, server edition), based on a Slackware GNU/Linux distribution. And this "Slax-TikiLiveCD" has been financed by the Department of Presidency from the Autonomous Government of Catalonia (Generalitat de Catalunya - http://www.gencat.cat), with the project reference 2006 FTIC 00270.
Once you get the ISO, and burn it to a CD, boot your computer from the CD. Click on the desktop icon saying "TikiWiki", and there it is. You might likt to change the language of the KDE interface, plus keyboard, or Tiki interface. Proceed as usual to do so, or ask for support if needed.
To log in as admin user, you can do it with the same username and password than the superuser from the Slax-Tiki Live CD:
or you can also use this account:|
The following is also availabe on that CD:
- PhpMyAdmin, to manage db through web interface.
- and a TikiWiki 1.10cvs installation, "ready" for the course on Admin. Tiki sites, level II, held at Altercoms Cooperative (see below). We mean, that Tiki is not fully installed, but only copied the files in place, and the database has not been created either. This has been left "as is" intentionally, so that those are duties that the attendant to the course of 2nd level will have to learn in short.... . More info at: http://moviments.net/cursos
- The notes from the courses (in pdf), and some other document and utility, are inside the "extra" folder, that you may find if you go to the desktop, upper left corner of the screen, where it says Home ("Inici"). Note that notes are mostly in Catalan. You can also get them from: http://gclub.cursos.ourproject.org
Team of teachers of the courses at Altercoms cooperative.
The first one was KnoppixTiki, but until somebody updates it, it's not recommended because it contains an old copy of Tiki (dated from 13. November 2004).
For more information, see KnoppixTiki