Loading...
 
Architecture / Installation

Architecture / Installation


upgrade to 18 renamed all wiki page names

posts: 210 Ukraine

So, yea, I finally took the plunge to upgrade a site from 12x to 18x.

Made a backup, whatever, saved my custom language.php file, exported the menu, few other things.

Only during the upgrade (via Softaculous), all pages that had page names in Ukrainian language (Cyrillic alphabet) were renamed. This is about 95% of the almost 500 pages on the site. Can't remember where I seen this notification, but somewhere it said 'page was renamed' on one of them.

Instead of showing the page I click on in the menu it shows the standard Tiki welcome page. Searching for pages doesn't result in anything.

So I took a look via phpMyAdmin. Saw the 'page name' field, looked ok (named in Ukrainian). The only other odd thing I saw was the 'page slug' which was just a bunch of unreadable string of text and symbols. I took a chance and renamed it to the Ukrainian name of the page (cleared cache, re-indexed - and, also just after upgrading did a clear cache / re-index), and now it at least finds the page in a search. But the top menu item does not link to the page.

I deleted the link to the page in the menu, started typing the page name, it pops up, I choose it, save, clear cache, re-index, but the top menu still doesn't find the page.

I need to be able to use Ukrainian language for page names, otherwise non-English speakers can't use the 'Search' feature.

Anyways, clearly lot's of issues going on. Anyone have this issue? Any ideas on any possible global changes I can make so I don't have to manual change 500 page names (page slug)?

Every time I make a change to the site it become unbelievable slow (i.e. unusable)

The site is currently dead (unusable), any help would be appreciated.

As much as I love pain, I just don't have the time now.

thanks,
Mike

posts: 210 Ukraine

seem to have found a work around -

I created a new menu, re-numbered all options 1 to 100 or so (were 1000, 2000, 3000, etc.), deleted all the option id's, imported to that new menu, changed the menu number in modules, set 'use CSS / Superfish' to yes, and, 'use Bootstrap menu's' to no.

Most are found and work (a few don't, haven't figured out why yet), so enough that work doesn't have to stop tomorrow.

br,
Mike


posts: 210 Ukraine

nope, doesn't work, almost all 500 wiki pages are still inaccessible (defaults to 'page #246' which is the default Tiki home page).

I upgraded from 12 to 15 and did not experience any problems with wiki pages, so 12 to 18 is a bigger leap and more issues.

Site is still basically dead.

If I figure it out, I'll post an update.

br,
Mike